What we grow
Fresh local produce. Naturally grown. We harvest close to one hundred-fifty varieties of vegetables, herbs, and fruits, from familiar staples to rare and exotic heirloom varieties.
We offer a range of vegetables, grains, and herbs, from familiar staples to rare heirloom varieties, for members of our CSA, farmers' markets, and restaurants that focus on locally grown and sourced products, as well as partner organizations that provide food to families in need.
We strive to supply a diverse mix, but what we plant and what we end up harvesting depends on how cooperative nature, weather, and all the other unpredictable factors that go into farming can be. This year’s planting season will include:
- Japanese vegetables, including Komatsuna and Mizuna
- Greens, including Blue Scotch Kale and Verdil Spinach
- Lettuces, including Pirat Butterhead and Red Romaine
- Onions, including Copra and Tropea
- Root vegetables, including White Egg Turnips and Parisian Market Carrots
- Summer & winter squash, including Romanesco Zucchini and Marina di Chioggia
- Herbs, including Lemon Basil and Wild Fennel
- Warm weather specialties, including heirloom tomatoes, melon and cucumbers
- Plus many more types and varieties!
Interested in supporting our work? Join our CSA to receive a weekly basket of locally grown vegetables or visit us at the Riverside Farmers' Market.
Below are some representative images of our produce. Not all will be available every season. Click on the images for larger views and descriptions.